After your physician has ordered a sleep study (polysomnography), please review the following instructions prior to your appointment carefully. After you read the Patient Instructions, please complete the questions that follow.
- Refrain from napping the day of your study.
- Limit caffeine intake 24 hours before your study. You may eat your normal evening meal.
- Bring something (pajamas) to sleep in (not silk or satin as these materials may interfere with obtaining optimal data signals).
- Bring your own pillow if you desire.
- All electronic devices must be powered off prior to beginning your sleep study.
- Please shower and wash hair prior to arrival. (No hair oils or conditioners should be used). Bring all toiletry items you may need (toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.)
- Fingernail polish should be removed prior to arrival.
- Take daily medicatIons as prescribed. If medications are needed during the sleep study, the patient must provide those medications.
- Bring any special dietary items needed during the study (diabetic foods, etc.).
- Your insurance may require a prior authorization. Your physician office usually obtains this for you. If your insurance requires prior approval for testing, it is suggested you verify with your insurance company that a prior authorization was approved.
- Arrive in the Sleep Care Center, third floor of the 1159 Building, Suite 303, at the designated time to register for your test.
If you have any questions, please call the Sleep Care Center at 317.346.3722.
Complete the following Participant Questionnaire.